We offer a range of free or low cost services to local voluntary and community groups. We always encourage groups to join us as members as this can significantly reduce the cost of some services – eg. room bookings and training courses. Click here to find out more about joining VAC as a member.
Click on the links below to find out more, or continue reading for an overview of all the services we offer.
|Support for new groups||Training||Equipment and room hire|
|Fundraising support||Quality assurance||Financial services|
|ICT support||Library||Employment support|
- Support for new groups: Advice and support for new groups on issues such as how to constitute their organisation, recruiting and running a management committee, systems and policies, fundraising, budgeting and business planning.
- Employment support: Advice and support for anyone with responsibility for staff management, including committee members with responsibility for personnel practice.
- Financial services: Our Accountancy Service supports groups to manage their money, set up robust financial systems, meet funders’ requirements and follow recognised good accountancy practice. We also offer a full Salary Administration Service for groups.
- Fundraising support: Up-to-date information on funding opportunities, advice and guidance, training, workshops, events and support with fundraising strategies and applications.
- ICT support: We help groups develop ICT systems that work for them through outreach support, workshops and training.
- Training: Regular training and workshops on a variety of issues and subjects, including a number of accredited courses.
- Quality assurance: Advice for groups on how to implement Quality Assurance systems via one-to-one specialist advice and regular surgery sessions.
- Equipment and room hire: Resources for voluntary and community groups to use including room hire, equipment hire and hot-desking facilities within our Kentish Town Road offices.
- Information and publications: We have a small library of useful publications groups can access, and we produce regular news updates (e-bulletins) as well as Voluntary Matters, our popular quarterly newsletter.